Monday, 16 September 2013

ENG1510
Dr. Lee

Self-Assessment Sheet for Description

1.            What is my overall impression of the subject that I am describing in this draft?  Identify the thesis by writing it below.  _______________________________________________________________
2.            Do I have proper paragraphing with introduction, body, and conclusion?
3.            Do I make an attempt to engage my readers’ interest in introduction?
4.            Do I have enough details to support my overall impression of the subject? 
5.            Are these details vivid and interesting?
6.            Have I created a picture for the reader about this subject?
7.            Have I fully utilized words and expressions that appeal to readers' senses?
8.            Is each paragraph sufficiently supported with details? Hint: Three or four-sentence paragraphs are too short, insufficient, and immature for college writing. You need to go beyond this.

9.            Do ideas flow logically and smoothly?
10.        Are my sentences constructed well without major grammatical errors and usage problems? Hint: Get rid of run-ons, sentence fragments, verb and pronoun misuses.

11.        Have I punctuated my sentences correctly? Hint: Fix comma splices.
12.        Does my paper end abruptly or do I have a proper conclusion?
13.        Does the conclusion create a positive final impression?
14.        What questions do I have for the instructor as well as my classmates about this paper? Write it down so I will remember to ask during class.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment